M007 Addition to 140 Bath StreetAddress: 140, Bath Street, Glasgow
Client: John Honeyman
John Honeyman's drawing submitted to the Glasgow Dean of Guild Court in early 1889 shows a single-storey addition to be constructed at 140 Bath Street. The fall of the site meant that the rear extension at ground-floor level would be supported on columns. The W. elevation was to be glazed along its entire length suggesting the new space was to be a drawing office. The date of the addition coincides with the beginning and subsequent expansion of the John Honeyman & Keppie partnership. O.S. maps show that the addition was built. 140 Bath Street and its neighbours were demolished in the early 1920s to make way for the expansion of the Pettigrew & Stephens department store. 1
Authorship: The drawing is signed by John Honeyman.
Grid Reference: NS 5866 6579 (approximate)
GPS coordinates: lat = 55.864501, lng = -4.260060 (Map)
1: Andor Gomme and David M. Walker, Architecture of Glasgow, London and Glasgow: Lund Humphries in association with John Smith, 2nd edn, 1987, p. 306.