M112 St Paul's Church mission hall and beadle's houseAddress: 16-22, Shuttle Street, Glasgow
Client: Rev. James Paton and St Paul's Kirk Session
Authorship: (Mackintosh and Office)
St Paul's Church Mission occupied a converted school building of c. 1871, close to the High Street in the oldest part of Glasgow. In 1895–6, John Honeyman & Keppie added a new hall at the rear and a simple dwelling for the beadle (a church officer).
Authorship: The unusual design of the hall roof trusses suggests Mackintosh's involvement. He may also have been the draughtsman of the original drawings from which the surviving designs were copied.
- Alternative addresses:
- 33–39 College Lane
Cost from office job book: £1635 13s 0d
RCAHMS Site Number: NS56NE 2015
Grid Reference: NS 5977 6524
GPS coordinates: lat = 55.859887, lng = -4.242054 (Map)