Additions and alterations to the Guild of Aid premises

M275 Additions and alterations to the Guild of Aid premises

Address: South Coburg Street, Glasgow
Date: 1906–7; 1908–9; 1911
Client: The Guild of Aid; Mr B. Hewett
Authorship: Authorship category 1 (Mackintosh) (Mackintosh)

Honeyman, Keppie & Mackintosh added a 'baths annexe' to the existing hall and later made alterations to other areas of the premises.

Authorship: Mackintosh is named in contemporary Guild of Aid documents as its honorary architect; the job book entry is entirely in his hand.

Cost from office job book: Phase 1: £151 16s 11½d; Phase 2: £15 15s 2d; Phase 3: £27 1s 0d

Cost from other sources: £182 3s 4d for 'erection of Baths Annexe' 1

Status: Demolished

RCAHMS Site Number: NS56SE 812

Grid Reference: NS 5876 6438

GPS coordinates: lat = 55.851871, lng = -4.257729   (Map)

Notes:

1: Glasgow City Archives Collection: Parish of Glasgow Prints Collection, Guild of Aid Creche account to 30 September 1907, T-PAR 1.11, p. 50.