M276 Addition to The Moss, DumgoyneAddress: Dumgoyne G63 9LJ
Client: Sir Archibald Campbell Lawrie
This large extension containing a kitchen and other rooms was added at one side of The Moss, a Georgian house dating from 1812.
Authorship: There is good evidence that Mackintosh designed the extension: Dumgoyne is listed among the locations of his domestic work in his entry in Who's Who in Glasgow 1909; the job book entry is written largely in his hand; and the surviving kitchen furniture is similar to work at his two major houses, Windyhill and The Hill House.
Alternative names: Moss, Moss House.
Cost from office job book: £1741 6s 6d
Status: The original house survives; the extension has been demolished.
Current use: Residential (2014)
Listing category: C
Historic Scotland/HB Number: 10421
RCAHMS Site Number: NS58SW 6
Grid Reference: NS 51626 83841
GPS coordinates: lat = 56.024431, lng = -4.382284 (Map)