Alterations to St Silas Church

M287 Alterations to St Silas Church

Address: 69, Park Road, Glasgow G4 9JE
Date: 1907–8
Client: St Silas Church
Authorship: Authorship category 4 (Office) (Office)

Colour photograph of S. elevation

Honeyman, Keppie & Mackintosh carried out minor alterations and repairs to this church which had been designed by John Honeyman in 1864. 1 The work included tiling at the pulpit, repairs to the organ pipe boxes, and heating.

Authorship: This is one of over 270 jobs carried out in the office of John Honeyman & Keppie (Honeyman, Keppie & Mackintosh from 1901) during Mackintosh's time there. Mackintosh undoubtedly worked on many of these, but there is no specific evidence for his involvement in this case.

Alternative names: St Silas Episcopal Church, St Silas English Church.

Cost from office job book: £235 11s 0d

Status: Standing building

Current name: St Silas Episcopal Church

Current use: Church (2014)

Listing category: B: Listed as 'Eldon Street/Park Road St Silas English Church (Episcopal Church)'

Historic Scotland/HB Number: 32189

RCAHMS Site Number: NS56NE 1408

Grid Reference: NS 57445 66702

GPS coordinates: lat = 55.872229, lng = -4.280076   (Map)

Notes:

1: Elizabeth Williamson, Anne Riches and Malcolm Higgs, Buildings of Scotland: Glasgow, London: Penguin, 1990, p. 275.