Alterations to Cathcart Free Church

M151 Alterations to Cathcart Free Church

Address: 1220, Cathcart Road, Glasgow G42 9EU
Date: 1898–9
Client: Cathart Free Church
Authorship: Authorship category 4 (Office) (Office)

John Honeyman & Keppie carried out minor alterations to John Honeyman's church of 1864–5. A new church was built in 1912 and the older building became the church hall. 1

Authorship: This is one of over 270 jobs carried out in the office of John Honeyman & Keppie (Honeyman, Keppie & Mackintosh from 1901) during Mackintosh's time there. Mackintosh undoubtedly worked on many of these, but there is no specific evidence for his involvement in this case.

Alternative names: Battlefield East Church Hall.

Cost from office job book: £208 2s 10d

Status: Standing building

Current name: Clincart Parish Church

Current use: Church (2014)

Listing category: B (Listed as 1208-1220 (even nos) Cathcart Road, Battlefield East Church and Hall, including gatepiers')

Historic Scotland/HB Number: 33803

RCAHMS Site Number: NS56SE 2038

Grid Reference: NS 58596 61282

GPS coordinates: lat = 55.824010, lng = -4.258733   (Map)

Notes:

1: Elizabeth Williamson, Anne Riches and Malcolm Higgs, Buildings of Scotland: Glasgow, London: Penguin, 1990, p. 528.