George Barlas & Co.

Masons

George Barlas was a director of the Master Masons' Association of Glasgow and Neighbourhood. 1 Work carried out by his firm included a Board School at Greenock (designed by H. & D. Barclay), Hyndland Parish Church, Shawlands Parish Church (designed by John Burnet, Son & Campbell), and St Bride's, Partick. 2 He was a member of the Geological Society of Glasgow, and presented an unusual specimen of quartz from a quarry at Bridge of Weir to the Hunterian Museum. 3

.

Notes:

1: Glasgow Post Office Directory, 1905–6.

2: Glasgow Herald, 16 January 1885, p. 4; 23 April 1887, p. 10; 13 May 1889. p.9; and 26 September 1896, p. 9.

3: Glasgow Herald, 11 April 1896, p. 8.