Hugh Brown Collins


Hugh Brown Collins (1865–1929) was born at Balgray in Govan parish, the son of Edward Collins, proprietor of the Kelvindale Paper Works. 1 He studied engineering at Glasgow University, 1884–90, graduating B.Sc. in 1891. 2 He was a Major in the volunteer movement, and a member of the Kilmacolm Parish Council and the Lanark and Renfrew Hunt. At the time of his death his residence was Craigmarloch, Kilmacolm. 3


1: University of Glasgow Archive Services, R3/1/1; R8/1/9.

2: University of Glasgow Archive Services, R4/5/L.

3: Glasgow Herald, 11 February 1929, p. 15.