David Simpson Morton

Client

David Simson Morton (1862–1937) was the sixth son of a Glasgow physician and surgeon, James Morton. At the age of 20 in 1881, Morton enrolled in the Faculty of Arts at the University of Glasgow, but does not appear to have continued with his studies beyond the first year. 1 In 1898, he married Agnes Miller, whose father was a calico printer. By 1906, when his house at Bridge of Weir was built, Morton was a partner of Williamson, Morton & Co., oil merchants, paint and colour manufacturers, at Crown Colour Works, 309– 361 Dobbie's Loan, Glasgow. 2

Notes:

1: Glasgow University Archive Services: Glasgow University matriculation database, 1859–83.

2: Glasgow Post Office Directory, 1906–7, p. 539.