Hall at Dean Park Parish Church

M082 Hall at Dean Park Parish Church

Address: Copland Road, Glasgow
Date: 1893–4
Client: Dean Park Parish Church
Authorship: Authorship category 4 (Office) (Office)

In 1893–4, John Honeyman & Keppie added a two-storey hall to the N. of the church designed 20 years earlier by John Honeyman. Drawings submitted to the Glasgow Dean of Guild Court show a plain building in yellow sandstone, a large hall on each of the two floors, and a hallway and stair at the S. end connecting to the church.

Authorship: This is one of over 270 jobs carried out in the office of John Honeyman & Keppie (Honeyman, Keppie & Mackintosh from 1901) during Mackintosh's time there. Mackintosh undoubtedly worked on many of these, but there is no specific evidence for his involvement in this case.

Alternative names: St Kiaran's Dean Park Parish Church.

Cost from office job book: 1057 2s 1d

Status: Demolished

RCAHMS Site Number: NS56NE 1801

Grid Reference: NS 56045 65270

GPS coordinates: lat = 55.859058, lng = -4.301532 (Map)