W. & A. Taylor

Masons and brickwork contractors

William Taylor was a mason and builder located at 142 Barloch Street, Possilpark. He first appeared in the Glasgow Post Office Directory in 1881. By 1900, the firm had moved to 183 Saracen Street, where masons W. & J. Taylor were listed from 1914. This successor firm was active until at least 1920. In the 1890s, this firm was recorded variously in the John Honeyman & Keppie job books as W. & A. Taylor and William Taylor.