Conservative Club, Helensburgh

M091 Conservative Club, Helensburgh

Address: 38–40, Sinclair Street, Helensburgh G84 8SU
Date: 1894–5
Client: Helensburgh and Gareloch Conservative Association
Authorship: Authorship category 2 (Mackintosh and Office) (Mackintosh and Office)

Photograph of detail of doorway, Helensburgh Conservative Club

1894
23 April: Plans approved by Helensburgh Dean of Guild Court. 1
15 September: Foundation stone laid by Colonel Colquhoun. 2
1895
July: Building 'informally' opened. 3
9 December: Official opening by the Lord Advocate. 4

Notes:

1: Lochgilphead, Argyll and Bute Council Archives: Helensburgh Dean of Guild Court Book 1, BH/9/1, p. 36.

2: Glasgow Herald, 17 September 1894, p. 9.

3: Glasgow Herald, 10 December 1895, p. 7.

4: Glasgow Herald, 10 December 1895, p. 7.