Geilston Hall, Cardross

M013 Geilston Hall, Cardross

Address: Main Road, Cardross G82 5PA
Date: 1889–90; 1911–14
Client: Mrs Tucker Geils (client for first phase)
Authorship: Authorship category 4 (Office) (Office)

Colour photograph of inscription over E. door of Geilston Hall

1863–4
Wooden drill hall built for Cardross Volunteers by Major Geils of Geilston. 1
1889
7 March: Wooden hall destroyed by fire. 2
30 July: Replacement hall under construction. Commemorative stone laid. 3
1890
Replacement Hall in use. 4
1911
August–December: Folding partition installed. 5
1912
13 September: Payment for repainting. 6
1914
25 March: Payments in connection with heating installation, and other minor works. 7

Notes:

1: Arthur F. Jones, Cardross: The Village in Days Gone By, Dumbarton: Dumbarton District Libraries, 1985, p. 80.

2: Arthur F. Jones, Cardross: The Village in Days Gone By, Dumbarton: Dumbarton District Libraries, 1985, p. 80.

3: Arthur F. Jones, Cardross: The Village in Days Gone By, Dumbarton: Dumbarton District Libraries, 1985, p. 80.

4: Arthur F. Jones, Cardross: The Village in Days Gone By, Dumbarton: Dumbarton District Libraries, 1985, p. 80.

5: The Hunterian, University of Glasgow: Honeyman, Keppie & Mackintosh job book, GLAHA 53063, p. 46.

6: The Hunterian, University of Glasgow: Honeyman, Keppie & Mackintosh job book, GLAHA 53063, p. 46.

7: The Hunterian, University of Glasgow: Honeyman, Keppie & Mackintosh job book, GLAHA 53063, p. 46.