St Paul's Church mission hall and beadle's house

M112 St Paul's Church mission hall and beadle's house

Address: 16-22, Shuttle Street, Glasgow
Date: 1895–6
Client: Rev. James Paton and St Paul's Kirk Session
Authorship: Authorship category 2 (Mackintosh and Office) (Mackintosh and Office)

B/W photograph of truss at St Paul's Church Mission Hall during demolition c. 1977

St Paul's Church Mission occupied a converted school building of c. 1871, close to the High Street in the oldest part of Glasgow. In 1895–6, John Honeyman & Keppie added a new hall at the rear and a simple dwelling for the beadle (a church officer).

Authorship: The unusual design of the hall roof trusses suggests Mackintosh's involvement. He may also have been the draughtsman of the original drawings from which the surviving designs were copied.

Alternative addresses:
33–39 College Lane

Cost from office job book: 1635 13s 0d

Status: Demolished

RCAHMS Site Number: NS56NE 2015

Grid Reference: NS 5977 6524

GPS coordinates: lat = 55.859887, lng = -4.242054 (Map)