Alterations to Cameron Parish Church

M215 Alterations to Cameron Parish Church

Address: Cameron KY16 8PD
Date: 1902
Client: Rev. Dr Baxter
Authorship: Authorship category 4 (Office) (Office)

Contemporary photograph of Cameron Parish Church

Honeyman, Keppie & Mackintosh were involved in interior alterations to this small early-19th century church in rural Fife in 1902. The practice received a modest payment of 16 4s 6d from Rev. Dr Baxter of Cameron Church in December of that year. 1 New seating and flooring, designed by St Andrews-based architects Gillespie & Scott, were installed at the same date. 2

Authorship: This is one of over 270 jobs carried out in the office of John Honeyman & Keppie (Honeyman, Keppie & Mackintosh from 1901) during Mackintosh's time there. Mackintosh undoubtedly worked on many of these, but there is no specific evidence for his involvement in this case.

Alternative names: Cameron Kirk.

Status: Standing building

Current use: Church (2014)

Listing category: B: Listed as 'Cameron Parish Church'

Historic Scotland/HB Number: 142

RCAHMS Site Number: NO41SE 13.00

Grid Reference: NO 48452 11639

GPS coordinates: lat = 56.294376, lng = -2.834437 (Map)

Notes:

1: The Hunterian, University of Glasgow, John Honeyman & Keppie/ Honeyman, Keppie & Mackintosh / Keppie Henderson cash book, GLAHA 53079, p. 74.

2: John Gifford, Buildings of Scotland: Fife, London: Penguin, 1988, p. 120; 'Cameron Parish Church', Scottish Church Heritage, www.scottishchurches.org.uk, [accessed 25 July 2012].