Additions and alterations to 4 Woodside Place

M265 Additions and alterations to 4 Woodside Place

Address: 4, Woodside Place, Glasgow G3 7QF
Date: 1906
Client: Dr James H. Nicoll
Authorship: Authorship category 4 (Office) (Office)

Honeyman, Keppie & Mackintosh added a two-storey building, comprising doctor's surgery, washhouse and laundry, at the rear of Dr James Henderson Nicoll's large terraced house. Very minor alterations were carried out later.

Authorship: This is one of over 270 jobs carried out in the office of John Honeyman & Keppie (Honeyman, Keppie & Mackintosh from 1901) during Mackintosh's time there. Mackintosh undoubtedly worked on many of these, but there is no specific evidence for his involvement in this case.

Cost from office job book: Phase 1: 2637 10s 6d; Phase 2: 3 12s 9d

Status: Standing building

Current name: Woodside Business Centre (2014)

Current use: Serviced offices

Listing category: A: Listed as '1-28 (inclusive nos.) Woodside Place and 138, 140 Elderslie Street'

Historic Scotland/HB Number: 32270

RCAHMS Site Number: NS56NE 3315

Grid Reference: NS 57861 66098

GPS coordinates: lat = 55.867147, lng = -4.273 (Map)